With over 90 restaurants, a growing number of farm-to-table experiences, and the presence of visiting and resident star chefs and culinary events such as Restaurant Week Amelia Island, Florida, has come into her own as a destination for gastronomy and fine dining.
Here are our favorite Fine Dining and Casual Dining Restaurants on Amelia Island.
- Bar Zin, serving American Fare and Fine Wines, Phone# 904-310-6622, 4924 1st Coast Highway
- 801 Kitchen and Bar inspired by Southern tradition and charm, Phone# 904-775-5909, 801 Beech St
- Espana serving traditional Spanish fare, Phone# 904-261-7700, 22 S. 4th
- Brett’s Waterway Café serving Southern style fare, Phone# 904-261-2660, 1 S. Front St.
- Cucina South, serving Italian fare and fine wines, Phone# 904-432-7920, 4820 1st Coast Highway
- David’s Restaurant and Lounge serving classic steaks and seafood, Phone# 904-310-6049, 802 Ash St
- Le Clos serving sophisticated French cuisine with focus on seafood, Phone# 904-261-8100, 20 S. 2nd
- Burlingame serving modern and seasonal American fare, Phone # 904-432-7671, 20S. 5th
- Ciao Italian Bistro gluten free options available, Phone# 904-206-4311, 302 Centre St
- 29 South serving Southern twists on New American fare, Phone# 904-277-7919, 29 S. 3rd
- Café Karibo garden patio and brew pub serving eclectic cuisine and affordable gourmet, Phone# 904-277-5269, 27 N 3rd St
- Down Under Restaurant newly re-opened Fall 2017, #904-310-6211, ICW A1A
- Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen serving down-home Southern eats, Phone #904-310-6374, 510 S. 8th
- Amelia Tavern American fusion, home brews available, Phone# 904-310-6088, 318 Centre St
- Sliders Seaside Grill Fernandina’s only oceanfront tiki bar, Phone# 904-277-6652, 1998 S. Fletcher Ave.
- Arte Pizza serving wood fired pies and beers, Phone# 904-277-1515, 109 N. 3rd St
- Cantina Louie fun affordable Mexican cantina serving authentic Mexican street food, Phone# 904-310-9675, 960062 Gateway Blvd
- Bright Mornings serving American classics for breakfast and lunch, Phone# 904-491-1771, 105 S 3rd St
- Beach Diner serving breakfast, salads and sandwiches, Phone# 904-310-3750, 2006 S 8th St
- The Surf serving fresh seafood, Phone# 904-261-5711, 3199 Fletcher Ave.
- Timoti’s Fry Shack serving fish tacos, lobster rolls and other fin fare, simple shack with an outdoor patio, Phone# 904-310-6550
- Lulu’s serving seafood centered New Orleans and Charleston inspired dishes in an art lined cozy old coach house, Phone# 904-432-8394 11 S. 7th
- Moon River Pizza serving thin-crust pies, salads & draft beer by the pitcher or glass Phone# 904-321-3400, 925 S 14th
- Pepper’s Mexican Grill and Cantina Phone# 904-277-2011, 530 Centre St
- The Mustard Seed Café health food restaurant serving lunch, Phone# 904277-3158, 833 T.J. Couson Rd.
- The Patio Place bistro, wine bar creperie, Phone# 904-410-3717, 416 Ash St.
The Ritz Carlton is conveniently located 2 doors down from us, it features 5 restaurants from a more relaxed pub setting to fine dining at Salt Restaurant. You could enjoy a sunset walk on the beach towards a dining experience to remember.
Pictured: Steak, Eggs and Lobster on salt block at Salt Restaurant
CULINARY EVENTS YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS
The 10th Annual Amelia Island Restaurant Week will be taking place January 19th – 26th.
Enchant your palate during AMELIA ISLAND RESTAURANT WEEK. 27 local establishments have crafted very special menus, offering diners prix-fixe meals with a $12 lunch or a three-course dinner priced at either $19 or $31 per person. The eclectic array of cuisines features Italian, Spanish, Seafood, Deep Southern, Cuban, French, and Creole, among others. (Would you expect anything less diverse from the island that has flown 8 flags?)
Kick Off Restaurant Week with the Opening Event, the Distillers Dinner at the Sunrise Cafe at the Omni Plantation. Executive Chef Daven Wardynski and his culinary team highlight the distillation process of each spirit and how it relates to flavors of our island in the winter. This four-course dinner will focus on Vodka, Gin, Whiskey and Rum, each mindfully paired with a cocktail. Tickets are $100 per person and space is limited.
Tickets: Call 904-432-1467 or buy tickets directly at https://forkmainevent.ticketbud.com/distillers-dinner
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort will host its 5th Annual Fish to Fork, May 17-20, 2018. With sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful tree canopies as a backdrop, the weekend will offer an unmatched foodie experience, with true dock-to-dish specialties in a fun and interactive atmosphere. The resort will welcome renowned chefs from around the country to showcase their fishing and culinary skills, leading up to a final Chef Showdown on Saturday night with a live vote from event guests!
For tickets and more information visit https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/amelia-island-plantation/things-to-do/fish-to-fork
Pictured: 2017 Fish to Fork Event
Isle Of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival
The Festival will be taking place May 4th – 6th 2018, the event is taking place downtown Fernandina and features live music, art and crafts for purchase, boat parades and much more.
Check out their web site for more information on the event http://www.shrimpfestival.com/
CELEBRITY CHEFS AND THEIR RESTAURANTS
Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen, owned by Kenny Gilbert who was a Top Chef Contestant on season 7. His restaurant is a bright & cozy eatery featuring down-home Southern eats with modern twists & mason jar cocktails.
Chef the Cuisine Richard Laughlin of Salt at Ritz Carlton is the holder of the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award. He is redefining contemporary American cuisine with his philosophy of “making something familiar, taste so different”.
SUNDAY BRUNCH SPOTS – BRUNCH LIKE A CHAMPION
The Patio Place enjoy brunch classics such as Eggs Benedict, lox plates or crepes with a glass of refreshing mimosa in an inviting and casual atmosphere.
29 South is a farm to table restaurant. Their Brunch is served Saturdays and Sundays. You can enjoy southern style classics such as fried green tomatoes or a lobster corn dog, outdoor seating available.
LuLu’s a the Thompson House offers Brunch classics with a New Orleans twist
Cafe Karibo is an all time favorite to locals and visitors alike. Inside a charming historic building on Third Street, in downtown Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida, an eclectic palette of colors and furnishings add to the relaxed ambiance. A large garden patio shaded by huge oak trees invites you to a fun and unique culinary experience in a friendly relaxed setting.
Pictured: Crepes at the Patio Place
Did you have a wonderful day on the beach or relaxing on your beach front balcony, an amazing dining experience in the evening and are not quite ready to head back – no problem, we have created this list of all of our favorite places for a nightcap or a pre-dinner drink.
- Locals Bar and Lounge, great outdoor seating with gas fireplaces, craft cocktails, pool tables and live music, happy hour Mon-Fri 5-7pm buy one get one on everything, Phone# 904-775-5943, 869 Sadler Rd.
- Palace Saloon Historic pre-Prohibition bar with mosaic floors & painted murals offering cocktails with live music, known as the oldest bar in Florida, Phone# 844-441-2444, 117 Centre St
- Green Turtle Tavern, Cocktails & light fare made to order, served in a laid-back spot with live bands, porch seats & a beach house vibe, Phone# 904-321-2324, 14 S. 3rd
- Amelia Tavern, watch your beer brewing while you enjoy it, delicious twists on classic cocktails such as the Manhattan and Old Fashioned and wines on tap; in a modern setting Phone# 904-310-6088, 318 Centre St
- Salty Pelican Bar and Grill, Open eatery with harbor views offering seafood & American grub, with a Bloody Mary bar & live music, Phone# 904-277-3811, 12 N Front St
- The Mermaid Bar at the Florida House, offers classic prohibition cocktails and original cocktails such as the Mermaid Slap. Outdoor patio with a fountain, Happy Hour 5-7pm, Phone# 800-258-3301, 22 S. 3rd
- Halftime Sports Bar and Grill, Your local spot for awesome craft beer selection, daily specials, delicious eats such as handmade ice cream sandwiches made locally and craft burgers, great company, and with many televisions for watching all things sports, Phone# 904-432-8129, 320 S. 8th
- Baxter’s Bar and Grille, within walking distance of the resort, Phone# 904-277-4503, 4919 1st Coast Highway
- The Ritz-Carlton is right up the street where you can enjoy great cocktails in a fabulous setting.
- Amelia Island Downtown Tasting Tours is owned and operated by locals. They offer a variety of tours such as the Mixology Tour and the Booze and Bites Tour. It is a great way to sample the bars and restaurants our Island has to offer. You will also get to meet the wonderful owners, chefs and bartenders who work hard on their creations. Private Tours are available. Phone# 904-330-5746.
*** We want you to have the best possible experience while you are visiting Amelia Island and would like to take a moment to encourage you to use the UBER app or one of the Island’s Taxi Services if you are enjoying a few cocktails during a night out. ***
TAXI CAB SERVICES
Affordable Transportation 904-556-2872
Cruzin Cab 904-310-9187
Amelia Transportation Group 904-838-9686